At Rowell Heating & Air, we are the local choice for answers to your heating and air questions. Contact us to learn more about our HVAC repair, maintenance, and installation services.
Can my AC unit just be repaired?
Here are some key items to consider:
- Systems less than 10 years old can usually be repaired without running into issues.
- Systems with minor damage (electrical issues, faulty ductwork and blocked drain lines) can usually be repaired.
- If repair costs fall below 25% of the cost of a new unit, consider going with the repair.
- If your monthly bills have increased by less than 10%, consider a tune-up/repair.
- If your system has been repaired less than twice over the last 10 years, it could probably be fixed with another single repair.
- If your current AC is properly sized for your home, repairs can get extra life out of it.
Do I need a new air conditioner?
Wondering if you need to fully replace your AC unit. Here are some influential factors to take into consideration:
- Older systems must be replaced, as they are less efficient than modern equipment and utilize toxic, out-of-date refrigerants.
- If damage is severe (broken motors, blown compressors, damaged condenser coils), the AC should be replaced.
- If repair costs more than 25% of a new unit cost, it's more advantageous to replace your AC altogether.
- If your monthly bills have increased by more than 10% over previous years, consider replacing it.
- Undersized or oversized AC units should be replaced.
What would cause my AC not to come on?
There are several reasons an AC system may not come on. If you have this issue, check your thermostat for loose or disconnected wires. Wires that are frayed or disconnected will not allow your AC system to turn on. Another issue could be a faulty or broken thermostat. If you look into these two solutions and still have an issue, give us a call. We are here to help.
What is routine AC maintenance?
Routine AC maintenance is a service that helps increase your comfort and extend the life of your AC system. During routine maintenance we perform the following services:
- Clean Electric Heat Strips & Condenser Coil
- Clear Out Condensation Drains
- Check Indoor and also Outdoor Coils
- Review All Safety Devices
- Evaluate Refrigerant Charge
- Tighten All Electrical Connections
- Lubricate All Moving Parts
- Test Starting Capabilities
- Apply Protective Coating to Unit
- Adjust Gas Pressure & Pilot
- Monitor AC and also Heating Cycles
- Measuring Voltage & also Current on Motors
Learn more about our planned maintenance program.
How often should you maintenance your AC?
At Rowell Heating and Air, we recommend semi-annual air conditioning system service. Having maintenance performed on your AC system helps it operate efficiently, which in turn saves you money on your utility bills.
Why is my AC running but not cooling?
If your AC system is running but not cooling, you may have a clogged or blocked condenser coil. We recommend calling a licensed HVAC professional to diagnose and repair your air conditioning issue. Don't let a minor problem turn into a major headache. We are here to help.
How can I reduce my AC electricity bill?
There are several ways to reduce your electricity bill with your air conditioning system:
- Invest in a smart thermostat and keep it programmed
- Have semi-annual maintenance peformed on your AC system
- Keep air filters fresh by changing them on a regular schedule
- Insulate your home
- Turn your homes temperature up by 1-2 degrees
At Rowell Heating and Air, we love to help you save money. Contact us to learn more about savings on your electricity bill.
How do you know when you need a new air conditioner?
As air conditioning systems age they tend to lose efficiency. If you are seeing an increase in utility bills or your AC system is also over 10 years old we recommend a system replacement. At Rowell Heating and Air, we offer free system replacement estimates to help you determine the right air conditioning system for your home.